Wellpride Featured on Radio Show
Wellpride Featured as Sponsor on the Certified Horsemanship Association’s August “Horses in the Morning” Radio Show
September 7, 2017 – Wellpride, makers of the first omega-3 fish oil supplement for horses, was thrilled to be a sponsor of the Certified Horsemanship Association’s (CHA) August Radio Show on the Horse Radio Network’s “Horses in the Morning.” Wellpride’s co-founder and President, Anne-Marie Chalmers, MD, was interviewed by CHA’s CEO Christy Landwehr and by Horse Radio Network founder Glenn the Geek. Dr. Chalmers discussed the benefits of supplementing horses with omega-3s using Wellpride fish oil.
Dr. Chalmers co-founded Wellpride with her husband and fellow omega-3 expert, Bo Martinsen, MD, in 2003. A graduate from Brown University, Dr. Chalmers completed her medical training at the University of Oslo in Norway. In Norway, Dr. Chalmers practiced Emergency Family and Preventative Medicine before turning her attention to working with omega-3.
During the interview, Dr. Chalmers discussed the following:
- How Wellpride got its start with the help of equine veterinary specialists and a series of pilot studies using racehorses and performance horses
- How omega-3s work to promote normal cell functioning
- The benefits of omega-3s for horses, especially for skin health, joint health, and fertility in mares and stallions
- How veterinarians often use fish oil to wean horses off of bute
- Misconceptions about omega-3s and fish oil
- Why supplementing fish oil is superior to supplementing with flaxseed products
- Why fish oil is not unnatural to feed to herbivores like many believe
- Why freshness and quality matters when supplementing with fish oil, and how rancid fish oil can be harmful to humans and horses
- How Wellpride’s specially designed bottle help protect the freshness of the oil
The radio show segment aired live on Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Those who want to listen to the recorded interview with Dr. Chalmers should visit:
Wellpride, America’s #1 Fresh Fish Oil for Horses, has been dedicated to providing horse owners with the freshest and most potent source of omega-3 fatty acids since 2003. Wellpride makes a human-grade omega-3 formula backed by research from leading universities. The company was founded by Dr. Bo Martinsen and Dr. Anne-Marie Chalmers with the support of a consulting team made up of researchers and equine veterinarians.